Simple Ways to Make Your Botox Results Last Longer
As the popularity of Botox injections in grow, many people believe that the results of this skin rejuvenation treatment last for up to 12 weeks. It often can last for up to 16 weeks if the skin is looked after carefully.
First treatments with Botox are sometimes shorter given that it is a foreign body and the body will try to be rid of it until it gets used to it.
Fortunately, there are ways to extend the life of these wrinkle fillers and enjoy your new look for a longer period of time.
- Find an experienced nurse or medical professional. The success of your Botox treatment requires proper placement, adequate dosage, and an effective treatment schedule. If you don’t carefully choose your administrator, one of these elements could be thrown off and your results could fade faster than you want.
- Use Cosmeceutical Skincare, this will keep your skin and skin tissue in optimum condition to allow the results to last and be more cost effective.
- Set up a long-term plan. Part of an effective Botox treatment schedule means setting up and following a long-term plan for injections. If you do them too close together, your muscles can stop responding, while injections spaced too far out will start to show wrinkles between treatments we offer a monthly payment scheme to help schedule regular appointments.
- Avoid the sun. One of the primary causes of ageing skin is the sun and that doesn’t change after you’ve had Botox treatments. Protect your skin rejuvenation results by always using sunblock (SPF 20 or higher) and avoid staying outside for too long.
- Don’t wrinkle your face. If you find that you constantly crease your forehead or furrow your brow, you should try to stop. While these movements may be involuntary, you can train yourself to avoid creating new wrinkles and obviously botox help prevent this.
- Don’t scrub too much. Following your Botox injections, it’s important to give your skin time to heal. Don’t apply any heavy scrubs or facial masks that could prevent the treatment from doing its work.
- Don’t overdo the treatments. As the chemical Botox is absorbed, it continues to work on your muscles, which means the results would be immediately apparent but might enhance further with time. If you are unsatisfied with your appearance, wait at least 6 weeks before trying again. If you get injections too close together, your muscles could react negatively.
Additional Tips For A Successful Botox Treatment
To ensure your skin rejuvenation procedure is carried out successfully, it’s important to have it administered by a trained professional.
In addition to that, you should take the following steps to reduce the risk of any complications:
- do NOT consume alcohol at least one day prior to and after your skin rejuvenation treatment.
- stop taking any anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications for at least 14 days before your procedure.
- check for any rashes, cold sores, or blemishes on the treatment area. If you’re suffering from any of these, reschedule your appointment.
- check you are suitable for Botox. Remember, you are NOT a suitable candidate if you’re breastfeeding or pregnant.
- do NOT undergo any facial/laser skin rejuvenation treatment for at least ten days after your Botox procedure.
- Use Cosmeceutical Skincare at home.
- avoid sun and heat for at least 72 hours and always wear sunblock (SPF 20 or higher) when you’re out in the sun.