Post Treatment Skincare
Treatments like chemical peels, micro-needling, wrinkle relaxation and dermal fillers work on a deeper level than your daily skincare routine, which is why the results are always so effective.
Some simple procedures and hey, your skin looks and feels rejuvenated.
What most people don’t know is that the work doesn’t end with the treatment itself. Even if you’ve just had something simple done, like a deep cleansing facial, how you care for your skin afterwards can make all the difference.
Use the following tips for maintaining your skin after a treatment.
1. Only use products suited to your skin and ensure they are treatment/cosmeceuticals.
2. Use products that repair your skin’s barrier (its natural protective layer) from treatments, and restore the skin’s natural pH. This type of post-care is especially important after treatments such as micro-needling and chemical skin peels.
3. Apply products that hydrate, protect and restore the moisture balance of the skin and include anti-oxidants.
4. Skin that is freshly treated is more vulnerable to the sun and prone to pigmentation. Always use a good facial SPF.
5. Overstimulating the skin by peeling, picking, scratching, scrubbing or using exfoliants too soon after a treatment, will cause added discomfort and inflammation, making the skin more prone to pigmentation, poor healing and even scarring wait 2 weeks.
You can get the recommended products, and further insight into ensuring healthy skin, by visiting www.flawlessaestheticclinic.co.uk
Clinic treatments are an investment, and like any investment, you need to maintain and take care of it. Besides, we all deserve a little pampering.